Answered

sonos playbar humming pitch nooise

• 15 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I'm not the first reporting it, but not understanding from the other threads what i should do as a next step...

Suddenly my sonos playbar gives a continous pitching noise. Doesn't change if i plug in out ethernet or optical.

In any case, i expected this device to last a few decades. Anything i can try to fix it? 

Kr

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 November 2022, 21:51

View original

2 replies

I’d certainly start with a power cycle, to see if that makes a difference. Then I’d submit a system diagnostic , and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Tried plugging cable in/out but stays the same. Sounds like a typical transformer malfunction I would get with cheap devices & chargers. Would be sad to throw it away because the sound is fine, but the noise is terribly loud. Turned it off now for a longer period, who knows maybe that helps.

Will give support a call tomorrow

thx Bruce!