Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos One SL not visible in Airplay and Spotify Device list

• 6 July 2021
  • 5 replies

This is my first SONOS product. While I can connect SONOS One SL thru SONOS app, it is not visible in Ariplay and Spotify Devices list most of the times. Only occasionally SONOS ONE SL is visible. I have tried in iPhone 6s and iPad 8 gen. All iOS products are on latest version.

I have tried power on/off, wifi switch off/on but did not solve.

I called SONOS customer support and they asked for diagnostics data which I sent thru SONOS app but yet to hear back from them.

Did any of you face same issue?

I think you need to contact Sonos yourself after sending in a diagnostic.

Try unplugging the One SL from power for about a minute and rebooting your router. If this doesn’t work, I would try testing the speaker at a different location in your home.

Thanks. Rebooting the router solved the issue.

If you continue to have issues with the unit dropping off the app, you will need to set a static IP for the Sonos unit. See our new video below that details this and other problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKC93O1YRLQ

Thanks,

ATD

Not always a true statement. While setting up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos is always a good idea, it isn’t necessarily a solution that works for everything. If the user is experiencing wifi interference , for instance, setting up reserved IP addresses will not likely fix anything.