Answered

Sonos One SL drops out

• 22 December 2022
  • 7 replies

I have a new 2022 Sonos Beam surround system (Sonos one LS + RS + Sub mini config ) and the small speakers  (one SL) randomly drop out for 10 seconds. Sometimes it works for a few hours perfectly and sometimes it just drops for 10sec. The Beam keeps working all the time. It is happening on Apple TV(Netflix) and Spotify. (Sonos app) 

The system is connected to a modern 2021 Router and the speakers are located near the wifi router. Max 4 meters, line of sight.  

I have the problem for 2 weeks (since I have the Sonos system). Have updated the App + System to the latest firmware. (14.20.1)

Diagnostic nr sonos app = 406553169

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 29 December 2022, 14:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Beam from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router.

Hey Thanks, I tried all that the last weeks. Updated router firmware as well. I also did a complete factory reset. Did not help.

I noticed this:  when I power off the Beam and restart the router, these 2 One SL’s are not connected anymore. even if I wait 5 minutes to give them a change to reconnect.  I had to unplug them to get them back into the system.

I have to decide this week if I will bring the whole system back (30day money back warranty). I was always very suspicious about wireless speakers. Turns out I was right. 

Userlevel 7

Are you able to wire the Beam directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

Are you able to wire the Beam directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

I can do that for a test but I will install a new router first and check if the problem continuous. 

Today I noticed my subwoofer (mini) is having the same dropout problems. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sounds like a 5Ghz problem to me. In a Sonos surround set up the Sub and the surrounds are connected to the soundbar via a dedicated 5Ghz link. They are not directly connected to your router.

Ok thanks, I did not know that. The problem is getting worse.

• The audio level is constantly fluctuating. You almost get seasick. 
  • Audio completely drops every 20 minutes. So multiple times in a movie. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Did you speak to Sonos about your last diagnostics? If not, generate another and give them a call. That should help identify the problem so we can suggest a fix.