Question

Sonos One SL dropping out when adding to surround sound pair

• 30 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi

I have recently purchased an Arc, Hub and two One SLs. I added the Arc, Hub and the first One (Left) to a room (Living Room), and successfully added the second One (Right) to Living Room 2. However the system has been unable to pair them as surrounds, and now ‘Right’ has disappeared from the System. From what I’ve gleaned from reading other posts, this may be down to wireless interference (I use a WAP in the room to strengthen the Wifi signal) but it isn’t clear what I can do to prevent this. 

In ‘About My System’ the Right speaker now does not appear. Should I perhaps delete the setup and start over, and hard wire the Arc via an Ethernet cable?

Many thanks, and apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but I cannot see an exact match to this problem

Mike

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Further to above: hardwired Arc, and was then able to add Sub, and one of the SLs, but the other would consistently report in the app that ‘Your Sonos One SL has been added, but may not appear in the System tab. If so, unplug the power cord and plug it back in to finish setup from the System tab’. And it didn’t appear, and unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn’t make it re-appear (unless I’m missing something). The only way to add it was to additionally hard-wire the One SL (so having both the Arc and one of the speakers wired) - which worked fine. However subsequently removing the Ethernet cable once setup caused the speaker to drop out of the system.

Reading this post, beginning to wonder whether I’m going to need to spend another £99 on Sonos Boost :rolling_eyes: