Sonos One issue

• 5 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello. I own both a Sonos One and a Sonos One SL. One of them is in my living room, the other is in my bedroom. I’m having issues with my Sonos One, which is the one in my bedroom. If I’m listening to music on my One SL, and I press the “play/pause” button on my One, it will give me an “error sound” and blink orange 9 out of 10 times. If I have manually connected and played music on it within the last half an hour, it will accept the “play” command, but there will be a buffer of 20-30 seconds before any music is played through the speaker. I have a brand new Asus RT-AC86U router, so wifi connection should not be a problem, also the One in my bedroom is no more than 3-4 meters from my router, with only a wall between them (which doesn’t have anything inside it interfering with the wifi connection). I don’t have the same problem on my One SL. It will play music instantly whenever I press play, and if I’m switching from listening on my One to my One SL (in my living room), it will never give me the same “error”. I hope it makes sense, and thank you in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I also have another issue with music from Spotify. If I have been listening to a song sometime, does not matter when, and I (even after restarting/closing the Spotify app on my phone), it will not play the song from the beginning, but from some random timestamp, which is really annoying. It even shows “0 seconds>” in Spotify. I have to “play song from beginning” every time which is really annoying.

Badge +17

Hi @Magn,

Let me explain a few things here:

• The “error sound” you’re hearing is when you’re attempting to start playback on a speaker with no music queued up. This is normal and expected if there’s nothing in that player’s queue.
  • I’m guessing you’re starting playback via the Spotify app (also known as Spotify Connect), and connecting to one room at a time. This would explain why one speaker has nothing queued up and produces the “error sound” when you touch the play/pause button.
  • Each room is independent of each other, and when you start playback in one, it won’t automatically queue the music into the other. You need to initiate the playback to each room separately or group them via the Sonos app.
  • The initial playback buffer could be due to network interference or issues getting connected - check out our dedicated article on reducing wireless interference.
  • In regards to the Spotify issue with starting from a random timestamp, that’s something you should contact our customer care team about for further investigation.