Answered

Sonos not recognising Beam HDMI ARC connection using Sky Q box

• 2 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have moved house. Previously my Beam was connected to my Panasonic TV via a HDMI ARC. TV sound could be controlled via Panasonic remote, Beam also functioned as a speaker for music. 

In our new house, my Sonos sysem works fine with the new network. However, we have a Sky Q box connected to the TV via DHMI. Plugged in Sonos Beam into the TV HDMI ARC input. Sonos does not recognise this. Error message is “HDMI ARC not detected”. Tried diferent HDMI cables, turning things ON and OFF, disconnectiing the Sky Q box. Same error message. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 2 September 2021, 21:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Then plug the TV and Beam back in but keep everything disconnected from the TV. Power on the TV and make sure you have VIERA Link (CEC) turned on. Run the TV Setup process in the Sonos app and connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI ARC port when the app instructs you. When the Beam is successfully connected, connect the Sky Q box to the TV.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you very much GuitarSuperstat. That worked fine. Now I can listen to my music or my TV on my Sonos Beam!