Answered

SONOS + Logitech ELITE remote control.

• 27 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hello, I’m French.

SONOS + Logitech HARMONY ELITE remote control.

I have a SONY BRAVIA TV.
I have
2 Play 1 - kitchen
2 play 1 living room
1 playbar
1 sub
I listen to my TV on the Playbar.
I can no longer adjust the VOLUME of SONOS with my Logitech ELITE remote control. On the other hand, and this is odd, I can mute the sound completely.
From my remote control, the SOUND slider on the TV increases and decreases, but the SOUND itself doesn't decrease or increase.
I need your help.
Thank you very much.
JPR_Project
P.S./ I still can't understand WHY the SOUND from my TV comes out on the PLAYBAR but not on my PLAY 1s and SUB.
P.S.2 : Similarly, I can't understand why when I watch a 4K ULTRA HD movie from my blue-ray player, I don't get CINEMA sound on my PLAY 1 and SUB?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 December 2023, 11:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JPR_Project1 

Thanks for your post!

There doesn’t appear to be a system associated with the email address you’re using to post here. Could you please submit a support diagnostic while playing media with surround sound and reply here with the number given so I can check a few things? Thanks.

As for the remote, I recommend you go to Settings » System » [room with Playbar] » Remote Control Setup in order to reprogram the Playbar to accept the commands from the Logitech remote.

Assuming your Play:1s and Sub are properly configured as satellites for the Playbar (all 4 should show as being the same room in the Sonos app), the reason for you not getting surround sound is likely due to the settings on either your TV or your source device, or both. In both cases, the setting you want to experiment with will be called something along the lines of “digital output format”. Generally, Auto should serve, or Dolby Digital.

I hope this helps.

Google Translate:

Merci pour votre message !

Il ne semble pas y avoir de système associé à l’adresse e-mail que vous utilisez pour publier ici. Pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît soumettre un diagnostic d'assistance lors de la lecture d'un contenu multimédia avec un son surround et répondre ici en indiquant le numéro indiqué afin que je puisse vérifier quelques éléments ? Merci.
Quant à la télécommande, je vous recommande d'aller dans Paramètres » Système » [pièce avec Playbar] » Configuration de la télécommande afin de reprogrammer la Playbar pour qu'elle accepte les commandes de la télécommande Logitech.

En supposant que vos Play:1 et Sub soient correctement configurés en tant que satellites pour la Playbar (tous les 4 devraient apparaître comme étant la même pièce dans l'application Sonos), la raison pour laquelle vous n'obtenez pas de son surround est probablement due aux paramètres de votre téléviseur ou de votre téléviseur. votre périphérique source, ou les deux. Dans les deux cas, le paramètre que vous souhaitez expérimenter sera appelé quelque chose du genre « format de sortie numérique ». Généralement, Auto devrait servir, ou Dolby Digital.

J'espère que ça aide.

Badge +1

Hello, Thanks for help me.

Voici mon n° test audio :

Votre numéro de confirmation est : 69742614.

Moderator Edit: Removed email address as private information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JPR_Project1 

It’s best not to share your email address in a public place, so we have removed it from your post for you.

Your surrounds and Sub are configured correctly, but I did mean for you to play a movie rather than a radio station so that I could see what the Playbar was receiving, seeing as you were reporting issues with this. Regardless, if you open the Sonos app while the TV is playing and select the room with the Playbar in the app, the Now Playing screen will show you the audio codec being received by the Playbar. It is important that the media you are watching does have a surround sound track so it’s best to test with a movie, and to not use broadcasted, over-the-air TV. If the app reports PCM, you are getting a stereo stream and will need to change the output format setting on your TV or source device connected to the TV (PlayStation, Apple TV, Blu-Ray, cable TV, Android box etc) that I mentioned in my previous post to either Auto or Dolby Digital.

If, however, you see Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1, then the Playbar is receiving Surround Sound and you should be able to hear something from the surrounds (note that this may depend on the scene - an indoors scene with nothing but dialogue will be quiet on the rear speakers, so it’s best to test with an action movie). To verify if the Sub is playing or not, it’s best to touch it, as the exact placement of a Sub can drastically change how much you can hear it, even down to a few centimetres. If the app does report 5.1 is playing but you do not hear anything from the rear speakers, please submit a support diagnostic while still playing and record the number given. Next, remove the surround speakers from the Playbar and add them again, according to the instructions below:

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Under Products, tap the home theatre room where the surround speakers are located.
  4. Select Remove Surrounds.
  5. Follow the in-app prompts to remove the surrounds from this room.

Do not allow the surrounds to be stereo paired together after removing them.

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Under Products, tap the Sonos home theatre room.
  4. Tap Set up Surrounds.
  5. Follow the in-app instructions to add your speakers as surrounds.

Once done, test with the movie again - if you still do not hear audio from the surrounds, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for some real-time troubleshooting. Give the team the diagnostic number you recorded, and let them know what you tried.

I hope this helps.

Google Translate:

Il est préférable de ne pas partager votre adresse e-mail dans un lieu public, c'est pourquoi nous l'avons supprimée de votre message pour vous.

Vos Surround et Sub sont configurés correctement, mais je voulais que vous lisiez un film plutôt qu'une station de radio afin que je puisse voir ce que la Playbar recevait, étant donné que vous signaliez des problèmes avec cela. Quoi qu'il en soit, si vous ouvrez l'application Sonos pendant la lecture du téléviseur et sélectionnez la pièce avec la Playbar dans l'application, l'écran Now Playing vous montrera le codec audio reçu par la Playbar. Il est important que le média que vous regardez ait une piste sonore surround. Il est donc préférable de tester avec un film et de ne pas utiliser la télévision diffusée en direct. Si l'application signale PCM, vous recevez un flux stéréo et vous devrez modifier le paramètre de format de sortie sur votre téléviseur ou sur votre appareil source connecté au téléviseur (PlayStation, Apple TV, Blu-Ray, télévision par câble, boîtier Android, etc.) que j'ai. mentionné dans mon message précédent sur Auto ou Dolby Digital.

Si, toutefois, vous voyez Dolby Digital 5.1 ou DTS 5.1, alors la Playbar reçoit le son Surround et vous devriez pouvoir entendre quelque chose de l'environnement (notez que cela peut dépendre de la scène - une scène intérieure avec rien d'autre que des dialogues sera silencieux sur les enceintes arrière, il est donc préférable de tester avec un film d'action). Pour vérifier si le Sub joue ou non, il est préférable de le toucher, car l'emplacement exact d'un Sub peut changer radicalement la façon dont vous pouvez l'entendre, même jusqu'à quelques centimètres. Si l'application signale que la version 5.1 est en cours de lecture mais que vous n'entendez rien provenant des haut-parleurs arrière, veuillez envoyer un diagnostic d'assistance pendant la lecture et enregistrer le numéro indiqué. Ensuite, supprimez les enceintes surround de la Playbar et ajoutez-les à nouveau, selon les instructions ci-dessous :

1. Ouvrez l'application Sonos pour iOS ou Android.
  2. Dans l'onglet Paramètres , appuyez sur Système.
  3. Sous Produits, appuyez sur la salle de cinéma maison où se trouvent les enceintes surround.
  4. Sélectionnez Supprimer les entourages.
  5. Suivez les invites de l'application pour supprimer les environnements de cette pièce.

Ne laissez pas les enceintes surround être couplées en stéréo après les avoir retirées.

1. Ouvrez l'application Sonos pour iOS ou Android.
  2. Dans l'onglet Paramètres , appuyez sur Système.
  3. Sous Produits, appuyez sur la salle de cinéma maison Sonos.
  4. Appuyez sur Configurer les environnements.
  5. Suivez les instructions de l'application pour ajouter vos enceintes comme surround.

Une fois cela fait, testez à nouveau avec le film. Si vous n'entendez toujours pas le son ambiant, je vous recommande de contacter notre équipe d'assistance technique pour un dépannage en temps réel. Donnez à l'équipe le numéro de diagnostic que vous avez enregistré et faites-leur savoir ce que vous avez essayé.

J'espère que ça aide.

Badge +1

Problème du son du SUB et PLAY 1 salon et cuisine réglé à partir d’une musique. OK.

Badge +1

Super….je suis sur un film d’action sur mon BLUE RAY.

J’ai maintenant des MICRO coupures ponctuelles des paroles et musiques.

Comment réglé le problème ? merci

Votre numéro de confirmation est : 795126629.

Me reste aussi le problème de la télécommande dont le son ne peut pas être diminué ou augmenté. je vois sur la TV le curseur - même si celui-ci diminue ou augmente cela ne joue pas sur le son.

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

Great….I’m watching an action movie on my BLUE RAY.

I now have occasional MICRO cuts of lyrics and music.

How to resolve the problem? THANKS

Your confirmation number is: 795126629.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JPR_Project1 

That’s usually fixed by unplugging the TV from power for at least 2 minutes to restart it’s software. The time spent off does make a difference.

According to the diagnostic, your movie is coming through as PCM, so please consult your TV manual for how to set the output format (you may need to be playing something with surround sound as you change the setting for all the options to become available).

I hope this helps.

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

Ce problème est généralement résolu en débranchant le téléviseur du secteur pendant au moins 2 minutes pour redémarrer son logiciel. Le temps passé dehors fait une différence.

Selon le diagnostic, votre film est diffusé au format PCM, veuillez donc consulter le manuel de votre téléviseur pour savoir comment définir le format de sortie (vous devrez peut-être lire quelque chose avec un son surround lorsque vous modifiez le paramètre pour que toutes les options deviennent disponibles) .

J'espère que ça aide.

Badge +1

Unfortunately NO, I get the repairman to reprogram everything for me.