Answered

Sonos Five volume won't change with tv controller.

• 11 April 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m using an LG CX 55” and the TV Remote will change the volume/mute the ARC and Sub but not the Five. Not sure if I set anything up wrong or anything. 

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 11 April 2022, 10:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The tv remote will change the Arc volume only and not all the speakers grouped with it.  

If you want to change the group volume you need to use the Sonos APP.

Are you attempting to use the Five as a surround speaker?  If so you need two and need to bond them to the ARC.  Then the volume will work for all the speakers in that Home Theatre set up.

The tv remote will change the Arc volume only and not all the speakers grouped with it.  

Are you attempting to use the Five as a surround speaker?  If so you need two and need to bond them to the ARC.  Then the volume will work for all the speakers in that Home Theatre set up.

Nah only have 1 Five speaker right now, that’s kinda annoying for right now. Thank anway. 

Odd if you can bond two, why can’t bond one and just have it be mono.  

Nah only have 1 Five speaker right now, that’s kinda annoying for right now. Thank anway. 

Odd if you can bond two, why can’t bond one and just have it be mono.  

When you bond speakers to the Arc, they are used for surround sound channels, which always comes in to.  I don’t recall ever seeing a mono surround sound channel, on any system.  It would be odd if mono were allowed.