Answered

Sonos Five pair for music AND as stereo pair with Arc

• 22 October 2023
  • 2 replies

I use two Fives as a stero pair for music. Right between those is an Arc connected to my tv screen. I find the Arc sounds rather thin, so I would like to use the Fives to work in tandem with the Arc when watching tv. I know this can be done if you add the Fives to the same zone, but that would make the Arc play music as well which sounds terrible. My question is: can you use the Fives in two different zones?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 22 October 2023, 21:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You cannot add the Fives as front speakers for any soundbar.  A soundbar by definition already has all 3 front left/center/right speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You likely have the Arc and Fives set up as individual Rooms, if so you can group and un-group the Rooms easily using the Sonos controller.

Only issue is if listening to TV on the Arc and the Fives are grouped they will have a slight delay/echo. That echo won’t be there when listening to a music source.