Skip to main content

Hi,

I currently have the following products:

Beam 2

Sonos Era 300 x2

I can’t figure out the solution to this problem and surprised it isn’t just working. I added my Era 300s individually and grouped them. This works and sound plays when I group the same audio to groups within the same room.

However when I use Sonos’s surround feature to add the same Era 300s to the same group as my Beam, it successfully adds them. I can control sound using the app or buttons on the Era 300, however NO sound comes out of the Era 300, only sound comes from the Beam. Any solutions to this? Also when I try to use TrueTone, it fails because the Era 300s won’t omit any sound, this only occurs in this Surround Mode Setup. 

I’m playing spotify through the Sonos app and see the correct room selected, but I can never get the Era 300s to play when its added as surround with the Beam in the same Room Group. 

I’m confused as to quite how your system is configured. 

In Sonos terminology, a speaker or set of speakers is identified by a label - the roomname, such as Lounge. This might be an individual speaker, or a stereo pair of speakers, or a home theatre set of soundbar and surrounds. Again in Sonos terminology the surrounds are “bonded” to the soundbar. Speaker sets in multiple rooms can be “grouped” to play the same source. 
If you’ve grouped your Eras (whatever room you’ve named them) with your Beam, they are not configured as surround speakers. 

Does this help you? Or, will you please redefine your problem 😜

@sprasad03 In the Sonos app, under the Surround Audio settings on the Beam, set Music Playback to Full instead of Ambient.

I have the same setup and I’m also experiencing this issue. They work just fine playing music on their own, but when I set them up as surround sound I can control the room using the buttons on the Era 300s but no sound comes out. 

I had One SL speakers connected to my Beam Gen 2 for surround sound before upgrading to the Era 300 speakers, and I never had any issues with the One SLs.

Please let me know if you were able to find a solution, @sprasad03 !!!! 

I have the same setup and I’m also experiencing this issue. They work just fine playing music on their own, but when I set them up as surround sound I can control the room using the buttons on the Era 300s but no sound comes out. 

I had One SL speakers connected to my Beam Gen 2 for surround sound before upgrading to the Era 300 speakers, and I never had any issues with the One SLs.

Please let me know if you were able to find a solution, @sprasad03 !!!! 

Does sound come from the Beam but not the Eras, or no sound at all? What is your music source? If tv, there may not be any “surround” data for the Eras to receive. 

Please let me know if you were able to find a solution, @sprasad03 !!!! 

Does sound come from the Beam but not the Eras, or no sound at all? What is your music source? If tv, there may not be any “surround” data for the Eras to receive. 

Sound comes out of my Beam and Mini Sub just fine. I can’t get music to play on the Era 300s when connected to surround sound, but when I unpair and set them up separately they’ll play music via Bluetooth, airplay, Sonos app, etc. — it’s just when they’re paired to the surround no sound comes out for tv or music…I can use both Era 300 speakers to control the surround sound but absolutely zero sound…and again, Beam Gen 2 and mini sub work perfect…I even reconnected my One SLs just to make sure I hadn’t messed something up in the settings, but they worked with zero issues… 

I’d suggest generating a diagnostics report and speaking to Sonos support. 

Are you absolutely sure NO sound is coming from the speakers when playing music? The reason I ask is because it is a known “feature” that the front driver of the 300’s are disabled in a surround setup. I’m also coming from ones and they were way more pronounced when playing music, BUT music is coming from the sides of the 300’s although very soft. Not nearly the same levels as the ones. Al lot of people coming from ones feel the sound of their system has diminished with the 300’s playing music. I’d suggest maybe take a trial on Apple Music and play some Dolby Atmos (Spatial). The 300’s should be way more pronounced.