Answered

Sonos Era 300 wall mount positioning

Userlevel 4

Hello everyone, pre ordered a pair of Era 300 with wall mounts, I want to use them as rear speakers with Arc and Sub. Could you please help me? I’m not a native English speaker so please, understand me if I write something incorrect :)

Most of the people have te sofa against the wall, in my case I can leave 50cm to 1m space from wall to the sofa, but I’m so scared to do something wrong. My room is quite big, my sofa height is 1.10m with headrest included. I was thinking to put the speakers above the armrests of the couch (wall mounts), a little over the ear level (this because of the headrest, I think it will “block” the sound somehow) so from 1.10m up, would that be a good thing to do? Over the speakers I’ve got a lot of space, it’s not a problem leaving 60cm above the speakers, same thing with the sides, I can leave 20cm at the sides of the speakers without problem. Then it comes the distance from wall to the couch, I can leave up to 1 meter of space. What would you do if you were me? Please guys, help me decide :)

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 March 2023, 16:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Hi @Paul0521 

Apologies - Inverted orientation (mounted upside-down) for the Era 300s will be supported soon, but currently is not.

Apologies again for any confusion, and I’ll be altering my original reply to you so as not to cause further confusion for anyone else.

Is the inverted orientation supported yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Starred 

Not as of yet, no.

Thus no so ‘soon’ ;-)

When will this be scheduled now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Starred 

I have no date to give you. Users have reported already mounting their Era 300 inverted with no issues, however.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Chuck XM 

Thanks for reporting.

So we can be sure of several things, could you please take the trouble to submit a support diagnostic and reply here with the number given, and please include in your reply a screenshot of the message you see in the app and a photo of your Era 300s in-situ? I’ll be happy to take a look at the situation for you. Thank you!

Hello Corry,

since my come back at home, I cant show the warning message. Maybe an update of app or sound system.

I let you know if the issue back again.

have à Nice week-end.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

7 months later sonos still don't support inverted mount , pair of 900£ speakers that manufacturers doesn't care about customer... 
Stop working so hard on new arc 2 and fix what need to be fixed first... 

RANT OVER :D