Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Beam sound stopped working after update

• 17 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi all, 

I hope someone knows about this topic. Since the last update of the Sonos app I'm having trouble with my surround system. 

I have an Epson projector that connects to a Bluetooth receiver (soomfon SF-BT013) and this connects through the Sonos optic-hdmi adapter to the beam bar.

For the past 5/6 months I've been using this setup without any issues. And since more or less a week ago there is no sound from the setup.

- I've tried a new Bluetooth receiver(thinking this is broken) with no luck.

- Tried also resetting the whole system, no luck.

-  I've connected the bar on a Samsung TV through the optical adapter and also by eArc hdmi and both work. 

-  music streaming works.

Not sure what is happening and how to fix it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I've got exactly the same issue. My Ray is connected to an optical switch which is connected to a Philips TV and a Soomfon BT transmitter with an optical out. The latter doesn't work since the update of the sonos app.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution yet.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

There is now several same issues on the forum (including mine). Since the mixture of devices on the sound source end (Sonos’s own optical to HDMI converters, Tuners, PC sound cards) all don’t work it seems Sonos has made a bug in the last update and we just have to wait if they fix it. I was on the phone with tech support and they indirectly confirmed that they turned off the support for optical connection in the last update, but told me only for PCs. Now it seems it affects more devices.

I think more people contact the technical support, the more probable the fix will come.