Skip to main content

I know that Sonos does not sell replacement parts… but does anyone know what the specific HDMI port is on the Sonos Beam?!?  I don’t want to buy another Beam just because the hdmi port isn’t working… that seems extremely dumb… I’m happy to open it up and try to replace the port, but I just don’t know what the specs are for the port!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

It is likely a commercial module, you’ll have to open the unit up (voiding your warranty) and disassemble it enough that you can identify the port. Trying to find one for sale in reasonable quantities can also be a challenge. Removing and replacing will be the next challenge, you may face real challenges in removing it without destroying the board, more in soldering it back in.

I’d give Sonos Support a call and discuss options with them before I opened the case.

You might also consider getting a “parts only” broken unit but with the board the port is on working and trying a swap. That is not without challenges too.

Sonos support gave me the fantastic option of 30% off of a new Beam, and to throw mine in the trash… and since it’s apparently just as good as trash, then there’s no harm in trying to open it up… because worst comes to worst, it just doesn’t work… which without a working HDMI port, is exactly the same place I’m in right now!

Thanks very much for your reply! I really appreciate the input!  The parts-only version may possibly be the way to go for me!

Hi @Mikehdmiportguy 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your Beam’s HDMI port.

We would not have asked for you to throw it away - the 30% discount will only be available if you return the faulty unit to us, and we will only accept that unit if it has not been opened! Please do not open the unit if you intend to get a discount on a replacement!

I hope this helps.

Thank you so very much for your reply Corry!  Can you please tell me what the specific HDMI port is on the Sonos Beam?!?

Hi @Mikehdmiportguy 

Sorry - I have no such info available to me.

Hi @Mikehdmiportguy 

A HDMI v1.4 cable is needed for Beam, so perhaps that’s the socket version you need? I don’t know if that is specific enough to find a replacement, however, and I still recommend that you do not open the unit in the first place.

I hope this helps.