Answered

Sonos Beam Gen1 and eARC with TCL 55P638K

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I just changed my Sonos Beam from a Samsung TV ( sorry forget the model ) where the Beam worked seamlessly in that I could use Alexa to adjust volume on the TV etc. I moved the Beam to another property on a TCL 55P638K that has eARC. When I connect in the HDMI cable to the eARC port on the TV and then into the Beam and try to do the setup in the app it is telling me it doesn’t see a connection to an eARC port. I did a full reset of the Beam a couple of times and have also tried a Firestick in the eARC port and it is at least showing the pic and TV sound. 

The cable is the same cable I was using at the other property so I suspect it is not a cable issue although I do need to validate that. That said I’m fairly certain that is not the issue as I literally moved from one location to the other. Any suggestions welcome before I purchase the optical cable to HDMI adaptor and try that method ?

Thanks,

Dave.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 April 2024, 17:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is HDMI-CEC turned on on the TV?

Yes, I did turn that on in the system menu of the TV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @dmoran15 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having with your Sonos Beam.

Please note that the Beam (Gen1) does not support eARC, so it may help to disable this function in your TV’s settings (though “Auto” should suffice).

I also recommend unplugging your TV from power for a full minute to see if that helps.

Finally, please unplug from power as above, but also disconnect other HDMI devices from the TV to see if that helps. Reconnect them after the Beam has TV audio.

Please also note that the Beam came with an optical adaptor - there’s no need for you to purchase one seperately.

I hope this helps.