Skip to main content

Just thought I’d chime in and say that the solution explained in n1] did not work for me.

What worked on a 2024 LG75QNED826RE (with an RF LG Magic Remote) was unplugging the Sonos Beam HDMI cable from the TV, and plugging it in again, and making sure the TV output was set to HDMI ARC.

It seems the LG TV gets confused if I plugged something else in after the Beam, like e.g. a Chrome Cast, even if it was not inserted into the TV’s HDMI ARC slot (the Beam was already plugged here). This made the TV switch to TV  sound again.

Unplugging and plugging the Sonos Beam Gen 2 and again setting the TV to HDMI ARC sound output again worked. Pairing the remote to the Sonos Beam Gen 2 is not nescessary using this setup (e.g. like you’d need to do with the Sonos Playbar).

<1]:

Edit: If an admin sees this, you can mark this as a resolved question.

Hi @Torgeir, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m glad to hear you were able to get your LG Magic Remote working with your Beam Gen 2. I could guess as to why this fixes the issue and why the remote stops controlling volume when a device is connected after the Beam, possibly some TV setting, but I honestly have no clue.

Hopefully any other users who run into the same issue can use your post to resolve this. I can’t make your own opening post of a thread the best answer, but I can mark my post as best answer to make this thread show as resolved. I’ll quote the resolving steps below so it shows in the highlighted box, most users will read that first when entering a resolved thread:

What worked on a 2024 LG75QNED826RE (with an RF LG Magic Remote) was unplugging the Sonos Beam HDMI cable from the TV, and plugging it in again, and making sure the TV output was set to HDMI ARC.

It seems the LG TV gets confused if I plugged something else in after the Beam, like e.g. a Chrome Cast, even if it was not inserted into the TV’s HDMI ARC slot (the Beam was already plugged here). This made the TV switch to TV  sound again.

Unplugging and plugging the Sonos Beam Gen 2 and again setting the TV to HDMI ARC sound output again worked. Pairing the remote to the Sonos Beam Gen 2 is not nescessary using this setup (e.g. like you’d need to do with the Sonos Playbar).

Thanks again for providing what resolved this issue for you!