Answered

Sonos Beam G2 + SYMFONISK / DIRIGERA

• 20 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I’m new here and I need advice regarding the combination mentioned in the subject line.

• First one is if this combination works reliably? I intend to use the Bem G2 exclusively for radio listening in bedroom.
  • Second and most important one is if its possible to switch off the Beam with the Symfonisk remote control?
  • Third, not so important is, if its possible to change radio stations with the Symfonisk, but this is really not important as 90% of the time I listen the same station.
  • Fourth - Thank you advices!

P.S. I want to use the Beam due its shape, no place for “classical” speakers.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 January 2024, 12:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @0ID 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

• First one is if this combination works reliably? I intend to use the Bem G2 exclusively for radio listening in bedroom.

Honestly, I have no idea, but I see no reason why not. We don’t receive any training on IKEA devices other than the Symfonisk speakers specifically, so I recommend you go to IKEA support pages: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/customer-service/product-support/smart-home-dirigera-hub/

Note that this link is for UK - I was unable to find/read a similar link for Norway, but I’m sure that’s just me.

You may yet hear from community members here who have experience with the DIRIGERA products(s).

• Second and most important one is if its possible to switch off the Beam with the Symfonisk remote control?

Beam is not intended to be powered off and has no such state unless unplugged from power. It will go into a low power state when not being used, and sits in wait for commands to wake it up again (this could be from the Sonos app, AirPlay, TV input or from music service app functions like Spotify Connect).

• Third, not so important is, if its possible to change radio stations with the Symfonisk, but this is really not important as 90% of the time I listen the same station.

Again, I’m not familiar with the Symfonisk remote - best to ask IKEA. My assumption is no - you’d likely need to use the Sonos app or voice control (Alexa, Google Assistant or Sonos Voice Control) to choose a different station.

• Fourth - Thank you advices!

You are most welcome!

P.S. I want to use the Beam due its shape, no place for “classical” speakers.

It’s not entirely unheard of, but please note that during setup, Beam will try to connect to a TV. If you don’t intend to physically connect Beam to a TV, you can just wait a few minutes for this stage of setup to time-out.

I hope this helps.