Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Beam Disconects from TV after Sleep

• 13 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I have a Beam (GEN 2) hooked up to my Toshiba Fire TV through the HDMI ARC port.

Hooked up the beam and everything works fine, tv sound, spotify, etc. However, whenever the TV goes to sleep/turns off for awhile and then is turned back on- the arc connection no longer works, plays no tv sound, and my tv says that my tv remote cannot control the volume.

I try to re-pair the sonos with the tv via the app and it states there is no ARC Audio output even though it was working before...

The only way for me to fix the issue is to fully restart the system via unplugging tv from the wall or going into tv settings and doing a full restart.

Anyone seen this problem before or have any ideas on how to fix?

Hi @Hodz17 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It sounds like there might be a HDMI-CEC conflict - do you have other HDMI devices connected to your TV? If so, please try disconnecting them and testing - if things then work as they should, it would support my theory. 

The thing to do then would be to find out which device is causing the conflict (test each one individually) and disable CEC functions on it - these generally refer to the TV’s power, volume and input switching. If you cannot disable CEC on the problem device, you may need to fit a CEC-Less adaptor (very cheap) to it’s HDMI cable.

I hope this helps.