Skip to main content

Hi all.

I’ve been having problems with my beam almost since I got it. 5-10 I’ve been forced to reset my tv and my beam to make it work. This time it didn’t work on hdmi-arc after reset, so had to plug in to optical adapter. And now tv remote can’t control volume any longer. Last time I talked to a supporter, I told him I would buy another brand, and he told me he would do the same.

the buzzing I’ve decided I could live with. Next problem. Yesterday I connected my sons Nintendo switch to the tv. After about 5 minutes, the sound goes from beam to tv. After that, it’s impossible to make the beam work with hdmi. Beam has been reset, and so has the tv. Doesn’t work. I really love my Sonos when it works, but it’s just more and more things that make me want to leave this brand.

any good ideas?

Hi @Lasumokaren.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Allow me to provide my recommendations to put an end to this issue and help you out.

I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. If you feel that the Support team does not meet your expectation of service provided, please do not hesitate to ask for assistance from our tier 2. They have additional tools necessary for testing and conducting further evaluation and investigation about this concern. This is for our engineering team and our tier 2 team would be made aware and conduct an investigation for a possible bug, a glitch, or an issue that needs to be taken care of by our engineering team. This is not a normal behavior, however, we have received a similar situation of having crackling sound on the Sonos Beam. Turns out that there was another Wireless capable device that affects the Sonos Beam’s performance and causes wireless interference. Allow me to share with you a thread here in the community that possibly have almost the same issue as your Sonos Beam and may find his solution helpful. Another would be the guide on how to reduce wireless interference. Please feel free to commend and ask questions on the topic I have shared.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes. I’ll be more than happy to help if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

There’s no contact information for my region, so can’t contact technical support. It’s not wireless interference.

my main question was also how to make my Samsung remote work with Sonos beam? Tried your guide. Didn’t work. Worked before, doesn’t work anymore.

Hi @Lasumokaren.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

Try clicking on the link I have provided above I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. This link will lead you to our chat team which is also another method of contacting our technical support team. They will take care of the issue with the Beam as well as the remote. You have already mentioned that you followed the guide but to no success. Try checking out the CEC option from the TV menu. CEC needs to be enabled on the TV especially if the beam is connected via HDMI ARC and not using the optical to HDMI converter that came with the Beam.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes. I’ll be more than happy to help if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

I tried disconnecting the hdmi cables from other devices, restarting the television, and it worked.

Hi @Lasumokaren.

Thanks for the update and immediate response and for sharing what was done to fix the problem.

It may have just been a glitch and temporarily disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI devices connected to the TV may have fixed the problem. I’l glad that everything is now working again. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you have additional questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,