Answered

Sonos Beam and Surround Issues

• 5 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi Everyone

I have come from a 7.1 Denon Surround sound system onto the Sonos set-up.

Previous set-up was over kill for me and the amount of cables drove the wife insane.

So I now have a BEAM, which I love, and recently purchased x2 Sonos Ones for the surrounds. 

I have a couple of small issues that maybe the community can help me with. 

First off, I can turn the TV off with ALEXA , but when I turn it back on it defaults to DVB and not the HDMI, even if DVB is disabled in Hotel mode on the TV. I have to use the TV remote to switch to HDMI

TV model : Panasonic TC-55CX800

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Second issue, If I ask Alexa to play my music, it mutes or stops the TV audio. (Which is good)

but then if I ask Alexa to “play TV sound” nothing happens. I have to use the TV remote to raise the volume again. Basically I can’t get the beam to switch back to TV audio. 

Anyone have any ideas on this? (I have a feeling its linked to the first issue)

Third and final issue…

70% of the time I watch TV through my Virgin Media Box,  Audio Signal is normally Stereo. 

30% of the time I watch movies on Netflix or Amazon Video, Audio signal is normally 5.1 .

Now I appreciate there is going to be a difference in the quality of the audio depending on the source, but the difference is so big that I feel I need 2 profiles on the SONOS depending on what source I am watching from. 
When watching through my Virgin Box, I have treble and bass at 0. Surrounds set at 0. 
When watching through Netflix or Amazon, I have Treble +4, Bass -6 , Surrounds level -5, and speech enhancement ON. (If I don’t have these settings, the house feels like its going to shake to bits, the surrounds are overpowering and speech is hard to hear)
Is there a way to set up profiles on the SONOS, Its a right pain in the a$$, every time I switch sources to have to constantly adjust. 
MY old Denon set-up would remember the source inputs and automatically keep the last settings for that input. 
So is there a way for the Sonos to recall a profile>?

Thanks to everyone who responds! 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 July 2021, 15:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

1. In your TV’s settings, is there an option for “Display Customization” or “Input Labels”? My Panasonic TV has this option and allows me to disable inputs.

Do you have VIERA Link enabled on your TV?

2. Enable TV Autoplay in the Sonos app under the Beam’s settings.

3. The Sonos app doesn’t allow users to save multiple EQ presets. But if you use an iOS device, you can use the Soro app along with Apple’s Shortcuts to create shortcuts for different EQ presets and audio settings that can be changed with a single tap or by using Siri.

https://apps.apple.com/lb/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Userlevel 3

1. In your TV’s settings, is there an option for “Display Customization” or “Input Labels”? My Panasonic TV has this option and allows me to disable inputs.

Do you have VIERA Link enabled in your TV?

2. Enable TV Autoplay in the Sonos app under the Beam’s settings.

3. The Sonos app doesn’t allow users to save multiple EQ presets. But if you use an iOS device, you can use the Soro app along with Apple’s Shortcuts to create shortcuts for different EQ presets and audio settings that can be changed by a single tap or by using Siri.

https://apps.apple.com/lb/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Thank you so much!