Answered

Sonos Beam 2 not being detected as Dobly Atmos on Epson TW6250 Projector

Hello,

So I just got the Sonos Beam 2 and want to use it to it’s full capacity, meaning Dolby Atmos.

I own an Epson TW6250 projector and I use an Amazon Fire Stick Max 4k to have access to Netflix, Hbo Max, etc.

The issue is that in Netflix I can’t get At

mos (I’ve changed the settings to HIGH) and when I check the Fire Stick settings, it’s set on Auto (in order to get the best sound) but Atmos is not recognised.

The HDMI cable is gold plated, so the highest 4k hdmi cable out there, I paid around 100 euros for it.

Can you help me fix this issue? I want to be able to enjoy Atmos!

Thanks!
C

PS: I attached an image to showcase what I mean by Detected Audio Capabilities Dolby Atmos = No.

icon

Best answer by buzz 9 May 2023, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

I don’t think that this projector offers an HDMI-eARC port. With my Fire Stick I’m using ARCANA for a TV that does not offer HDMI-eARC.

I don’t think that this projector offers an HDMI-eARC port. With my Fire Stick I’m using ARCANA for a TV that does not offer HDMI-eARC.

Thanks. So I’d have to buy the Arcana and how can I connect it, to the projector, to the fire stick? Sorry but I am a noob here.

The ARCANA is a specialized splitter. It will provide an HDMI-eARC connection for BEAM and an HDMI connection for the projector. The regular, cheap splitters do not support HDMI-eARC.

The ARCANA is a specialized splitter. It will provide an HDMI-eARC connection for BEAM and an HDMI connection for the projector. The regular, cheap splitters do not support HDMI-eARC.

Thank you! 

Are there other cheaper optiona to arcana?

Yes, I have no experience with them. ARCANA was the first available product of this category.

Here is a little more info on SONOS vs HDMI-ARC.

By the way, on the back of my projector it shows HDMI Arc

Userlevel 7

@bctz123 Do you have Prime Video? If so, when you play the film The Tomorrow War, what audio format is displayed in the Sonos app?

@bctz123 Do you have Prime Video? If so, when you play the film The Tomorrow War, what audio format is displayed in the Sonos app?

This:

Userlevel 7

@bctz123 This definitely confirms your projector isn’t capable of passing through Dolby Atmos audio. So you will need a device like the HDFury Arcana that @buzz mentioned above. Two other devices that are similar are the FeinTech VAX04101 and OREI HDA-935. The Arcana is definitely the best of the three options though.

Ok, awesome, I’ll get the Arkana. Thank you all!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Could the Fire Stick not send out DD+ with compressed Atmos?

Could the Fire Stick not send out DD+ with compressed Atmos?

The firestick is 4k max.. but the HDMI goes from the projector to the sound bar, not the stick.

With ARCANA you would connect Fire Stick to ARCANA’s input, route the HDMI-eARC output to BEAM, and the HDMI output to the projector.

With ARCANA you would connect Fire Stick to ARCANA’s input, route the HDMI-eARC output to BEAM, and the HDMI output to the projector.

Awesome, thank you!

Yes, Dolby Atmos compressed can be carried across Dolby Digital Plus.

Victory! Thank you so much all for helping me out!