Answered

Sonos Beam 1 Intermittent sound loss....Very frustrated.

• 4 September 2023
  • 1 reply

My Sonos Beam 1 and Samsung TV (Link to Samsung TV) sound great when they work properly.  However, I have had ongoing problems with the sound breaking up (almost like a long-distance call with a bad connection) when you hear intermittent words.

It isn’t all the time but I don’t know what to do.  I have spoken to tech support and they weren’t overly helpful.  I installed the App on my phone and can confirm that the issue does not occur if I play Sonos Radio.

It is to the point where I would consider buying something new (like Sonos 2) or a different brand if I could be assured that the problem will go away.

Any suggestions on how to isolate problem or fix?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 September 2023, 10:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @atwnsw 

It sounds like you have come across the issue that has manifested with recent Samsung software updates to their TVs.

There are a few related threads already:

Plus more that are smaller.

I can only recommend you contact Samsung support for assistance.

It seems that the issue can be mitigated in some cases by changing the output audio format of the TV away from Dolby Digital +.

I hope this helps.