Answered

Sonos Bar Gen 2 - Audio Issues

• 1 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! 

So I'm having issues with sound lately. Seems like anytime I'm watching a movie the sound is not balanced. When I play YouTube/Spotify sound seems to work fine, but movie apps Netflix/Prime/Vudu/HBO Max require me to blast the volume up and the speech is so damn quiet.  

Currently watching Indiana Jones on VUDU and the talking is incredibly quiet while the action/music is insanely loud. 

Sony Bravia 65" 

TV Sound settings have been disabled and routed to just sound bar settings. 

In the Sonos app I have applied the speech enhancement and night time modes on/off and tried changing treble/bass to adjust and I can't get anything to balance out.

Also lately I have to turn my TV volume up to 70/80 before I can hear clearly and before it was around 15-20 and we could hear perfectly. 

Running on HDMI eARC into television. 

Feels like I have to just reset everything, but haven't found a clear guide or suggestion that. 

Thank you for your assistance!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 July 2023, 03:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Additional Settings: 

Loudness: off

Spatial Music: On

Audio Compression: Auto

volume height: +7

Bass +2

Treble +4;

Hi @SoloGuy,

I would perhaps first consider power-cycling all your devices, TV, Soundbar, Surrounds etc. and see how the same audio sources compare when using the TV’s internal speakers, or better still, try the Home Theatre setup with another TV, if that’s practicable. You may also want to try the audio with Sonos Trueplay both enabled/disabled.

If the sound problems still persist, you could perhaps consider, changing cables and maybe doing a factory reset of the TV, and/or soundbar, but I strongly suggest before going down that route, that you go onto submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the matter.

Userlevel 7

@SoloGuy You might have your TV set to the wrong settings. Make sure to use these settings for the best quality audio:

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

To confirm you are getting 5.1 or Dolby Atmos audio, look for the audio format displayed on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app.