Sonos Arc work only with sound PCM

• 31 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I allow myself to contact you today because I have a problem, I have a Panasonic Viera TX-L47ET5E television, with an Nvidia Shield tv pro (Android) and a SONOS ARC sound bar.When I plug the soundbar into the HDMI ARC port and I check on the SONOS app I have a display that shows the stream is PCM Stereo and the result is the same when I connect in digital optical, can you help me please ? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What are the sound settings on your TV and Shield set to in both cases?

Userlevel 7

@Madyface Your model TV is from 2012 so it is probably too old to pass through 5.1 audio from any device connected to the HDMI port. I have a Panasonic TV from 2013 and it has the same limitation. You either need to get a new TV (ideally equipped with HDMI eARC) or get an eARC adapter like the HDFury Arcana that will allow the Nvidia Shield to bypass your TV’s limitations and send audio directly to the Arc. I use the Arcana with my Panasonic and it works great.

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/