Skip to main content
Question

Sonos. arc won't factory reset

I have 3 yr old arc which was working fine until sometime ago I turn off for few months. Now after on it won’t detect, it won’t factory reset(press join + insert power) 

does anyone face similar issue? what is solution

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sata 

Thanks for your post! And, apologies for the delay.

Assuming you are following the steps to reset correctly (most mistakes are made by releasing the button before the orange light shows), then the fact that the Arc is not resetting correctly is grounds for a replacement - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who will look into your replacement options.

I hope this helps.

Support was useless, they are saying can’t diagnose the problem and they can 30% discount over replacement. Does anyone do after market fixes in us. It’s 800$ item

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sata 

To be clear, I did not expect them to be able to resolve the problem - just offer you a replacement.

I can’t recommend a repair service for you, but there are likely many that will try. Please be aware, however, that if the issue has anything to do with the Arc’s internal data storage (and it does sound like that is a possibility), it will likely not be fixable. In addition, if a unit has been opened, it will no longer qualify for a 30% discounted replacement.

I hope this helps.

I’m now having the same issue with my 3 yr old arc. Won’t reset, followed instructions…how long for the orange light to flash??

I waited for few min it doesn’t blink a single time. Hope it works for you all the best!

I actually watched the You Tube video and used the button located near the power cord in the back of it, work within seconds BUT now it won’t connect to MY Wi-Fi…..so frustrating!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sata & @DebandRoma 

One more thing that may help - if a unit will not reset, please try connecting it to the router with an Ethernet cable and try the reset again. If this works, you will not need to ever reset that particular device using Ethernet again - it will have been a one time necessity.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, I was able to reset and get it to communicate to the app, but can’t get it to my WiFi. It shows in my Wi-Fi list and offline but can’t get the Arc to get online, so close and yet so far

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DebandRoma 

Sorry to hear that! I recommend you reboot both your phone (or try another, if you have the option), and the router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds when no-one is using the internet.

If still having issues after that, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Hi Corry…….I'm listening to my Arc as I type…THANK YOU!!!!  I appreciate the help!!!

Debbie

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DebandRoma 

Fantastic! Thanks for updating the thread!