Answered

Sonos ARC with LG OLED sound output resets

• 6 March 2023
  • 1 reply

My SONOS ARC has been very unstable for the past 3 months on my LG OLED CX tv.

Every day when I turn the TV on, there’s a 50% chance of the TV reverting its audio output to the internal speakers.

Tried a different cable and tried to disconnect every other device. Tried to reset the SONOS and the TV, all without luck.

Diagnostics 679505560, the issue happened within 2 minutes of this diagnostic report.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 March 2023, 10:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sabatinomasala 

Thanks for your post!

Having tried resets, please don’t do so again - if they didn’t help the first time, they won’t a second or third time either.

Please make sure the TV’s software is fully up to date, and that Simplink (HDMI-CEC by another name) is enabled.

If you haven’t done so already, please unplug your TV from power for at least 2 minutes, giving the capacitors inside plenty of time to discharge. If you are not using the HDMI cable that came with the Arc, please do so.

Plug the TV back in, turn it on, and test.

If you still experience issues, please unplug the TV from power again, but this time disconnect any additional HDMI devices.

With only the TV and Arc connected, please plug the TV back in and test again. If you still experience issues, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for some in-depth troubleshooting.

If, however, the issue now seems resolved, then the next step would be to reconnect your HDMI device(s) - one at a time, and test with each one before connecting another. If this brings the issue back, it’s now clear that an HDMI device is causing an HDMI-CEC conflict. You can prevent this by either disabling CEC functions on that device (they are features relating to the TV’s power, volume or input selection), or by fitting a CEC-Less adaptor to the HDMI cable connecting the device with the TV (which are pretty cheap).

I hope this helps.