Skip to main content
Answered

sonos arc with almost no bass

• 29 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi All,

Today january 2022 i bought fininally my Sonos Arc. I have read a lot of good reviews especially about the bass performance. But when i installed the Sonos Arc, the bass was very low and crappy. Even when changing the bass level in the EQ, you hear almost no difference between bass level 0 and 10.

loudness is on, tried Trueplay two times, one time with a Iphone13pro and one time with an iPad, but still crappy bass. My Sonos Play5gen2 has  a perfect bass, so now i don’t know how to solve this. Can anyone provide me some tips and tricks, before i sent the unit back?

many thanks.

Niels

You could try generating a Diagnostics report and contacting Sonos support to check the unit is working properly? 

But, if you are playing music from a “music” channel on the tv, there may not be much bass in the source. How does it sound if you stream music from a source such as Amazon music?

For the music i am using Spotify and for watching tv mostly the Netflix app on my LG G1 oled .

the bass is in both scenarios almost zero.

i will try to get in contact woth Sonos and send a diagnostic report, hopefully they can help me out.

Where is your Arc installed in reference to your TV? Is it above or below. If wall mounted below is there at least 4 inches between it and the bottom of the TV. Also is the Arc mounted on a shelf with sides enclosed. 

My Arc is placed directly below the tv on a dressoir with on one side a wall (approximately 1 mter free space between the Arc and wall).

the arc is just standing on the dressoir, no wall mounting.

Thanks for the response. OK…I agree with @nik9669a that you should submit a diagnostic within 15 minutes of the next occurrence and post the reference ID in your next post. You then have the option to wait for a moderator to view your post or you can call Sonos tech support for a faster response. 

Ok, did a diagnostic report: 800878676.

on monday i will phone support.

thx sofar for all your help. Much appreciated

Today Sonos helped me out and solved the problem.

a hard reset did the trick!