Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Arc voice levels muffled sometimes

• 9 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Just picked up an Arc. When I’m using certain apps (ex. YouTube) the audio is great, sounds amazing. 

Other apps (Netflix and my cable box) are a lot more muffled. I noticed that it will switch me to “Dolby Channel PCM 5.1” and that is usually when the sound quality will go down. 

The Netflix and YouTube apps are both built in apps that sound totally different. I’ve tried multiple videos on both and get the same results across the board. 

Everything is up to date.

I’ve tried every combination of eARC and pass through.

I’ve got voice enhancement on. 

I’ve run multiple trueplay through multiple phones. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Just noticed this…

In the S2 app when I use cable box (HDMI into TV) it says "Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1"

When I use Netflix app (built in) it says “Dolby Digital Plus 5.1” and still sounds muffled

When I use YouTube app (built in) it says “Dolby Digital 2.0” and the audio is great. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Try playing each source for 10 minutes and then submit a diagnostic. Note the number.

Do the same for each of the sources.

Contact Sonos Support with your collection of diagnostic numbers and have them look at your internal data that is hidden from us users. They can often spot an issue in situations like this that would take us much guessing and poking about.