Answered

sonos arc soundbar and sky glass TV remote

• 25 February 2024
  • 2 replies

just hot a sky glass tv, The sound plays ok through the Sonos system but I cannot control the volume, a quick Google seems to show this is a common issue. Just wondering if anyone has found a solution?

The soundbar is connected to the tv via HDMI-arc 

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 26 February 2024, 13:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Joe21, welcome to Sonos Community!

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble controlling your Sonos Home Theatre with the Sky Glass TV remote controller.

Since you’ve connected your Sonos with a HDMI to your TV, the remote controller should automatically work.

First thing to try would be to initiate a Remote Control Setup via the Sonos App. You can find that under Settings → System → “Name of your Home Theatre Room" → Remote Control Setup.

If that doesn’t work then follow the same process as above but instead of tapping Remote Control Setup, tap TV Setup.

I am sharing below two very helpful Support Articles for some additional information and instructions:

Control Sonos home theater with your TV remote

TV remote not detected by Sonos

If none of the above resolves your issue, I would suggest reaching out to our Support Team for some live troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.

just hot a sky glass tv, The sound plays ok through the Sonos system but I cannot control the volume, a quick Google seems to show this is a common issue. Just wondering if anyone has found a solution?

The soundbar is connected to the tv via HDMI-arc 

You need to clear the sky glass remote by pushing 7 and 9 together for three seconds and then 4 and 6 together for three seconds to put control into IR mode. Then go through the process on sonos app to add remote and you should be good to go.