Answered

Sonos Arc & Sonos Sub Mini

• 24 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all, 

Less than a month back I joined Sonos world and started with Sonos Arc. Last night picked up Sonos Sub Mini. 

What’s the best settings you guys would recommend for optimal sound performance. Does the EQ bass decrease,  reduce it for Sub Mini or just the Arc? ? It’s pretty confusing and sonos isn’t responding yet. 

Additionally, do you guys prefer putting Sonos Sub Mini near couch or next to TV stand? 

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by buzz 24 February 2023, 03:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Best practice would be to place the subwoofer vaguely in the plain of the L/R speakers. Placing a subwoofer next to your listening position would result in a somewhat disjointed sound stage because the L/R would originate across the room from the subwoofer.

There are two benefits for a subwoofer. Obviously, there is more bass, but there is also increased midrange clarity because the complexity of the music rendered by the smaller speaker is reduced.

You will discover that subwoofer placement affects the outcome. Moving the subwoofer or your listening position a foot or so can have a very obvious impact on the results.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you! What settings do you keep yours at? @buzz 

My settings would be extraneous information for you because our rooms are different and I’m using a SONOS SUB, not the Mini.

Only you will know what sounds “best” (to you). If you are experiencing issues, describe what sounds wrong to you and we may be able to offer some suggestions.