Answered

Sonos Arc+Sonos Amp+TV

• 8 November 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a Sonos Arc attached to my Tv.  I purchased a Sonos Amp and Sonos Speakers, and installed the speakers in the ceiling in the same room as the TV.  I have been able to play music through the Arc and the Sonos Speakers (Amp) without any issue.  I have not been able to play the TV sound through the added Sonos Speakers attached to the Sonos Amp.  I thought I would be able to do this wireless just like playing music through the arc, but does not seem to work.  I am ok with using HDMI cable or whatever I need to do to make this work.  

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 November 2023, 01:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you set the Amp up as the Surround speakers for your Arc?

If you don’t want to use the Amp as surrounds you can group it to your Arc but there will be a slight delay in TV sound.

Yes, I think I set up as Surround speakers.

Yes, I think I set up as Surround speakers.

If you did, they would all be in the same room under the Rooms tab (3 vertical lines on the bottom of the app).  If they are separate rooms, go to Settings > System > (Arc room name) > Set Up Surrounds. 

They are in the same room. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Play some streaming music and go to settings and switch the surrounds from Ambient to Full, that should give you rear sound that matches the front and the ability to match the levels from the controller.

If that works the TV surround should be working too but to hear it you will have to find program material that has actual content on the rear channels, not that just shows a 5.1 signal. I’ve seen some suggested here if you want to try a forum search.

@Magnolia1 
Note too that the Sonos App ‘now playing’ screen for the Arc room will show you the type of TV audio input - you ideally need DD/DTS/Multichannel 5.1 TV surround sound, or Dolby Atmos audio to get the Amp speakers outputting audio. If not, then check your TV sound-out settings.