Answered

sonos arc on mute

• 29 May 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I've had a sonos arc approximately 1 month and had no issues. Nothing has changed and now tv stays muted when I try to play volume through arc. No cables have been changed, nothing has been damaged. It just decided not to work. I try to change volume and unmute with tv remote, and it just shows mute symbol. Tv will play volume when I change the output. Sonos arc will play music from phone. 

Any tips would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Lewis b 31 May 2022, 12:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

How is the Arc connected to the TV? If it’s over an HDMI cable, then perhaps try toggling CEC ‘off’ and ‘on’ again in your TV settings.

If problem still persists, then power off all (not standby) for 3 minutes, check the cables are seated correctly too and power all on again, then see if that fixes the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

TV’s sometimes receive updates in the background, pushed by the manufacturer. These can (re)set audio settings resulting in the effective loss of sound. Check your tv is still outputting the appropriate signal to the Arc. 

After trying everything I could think of, I updated my tv to latest software (tv only a month old but maybe older software). The day after the update everything worked well.