Answered

Sonos Arc not pairing with TCL remote

• 6 January 2024
  • 7 replies

I have a new  TCL 65MQLED80 2023  and Sonos Arc. I was able to connect the Arc to the TV using the HDMI arc port. However, I am not able to pair the remote. It is a IR remote. 

I have tried to add it using the Sonos app, but I get the message that no signal from remote control is found. 

How can I pair the remote control?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 January 2024, 14:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Why do you need to? The remote will use the TV CEC protocol if the Arc is connected over HDMI-ARC/eARC and the TV will control the volume over it’s wired connection.

I want to control the volume. But this is not working, even though I am using the HDIM-arc port.

I want to control the volume. But this is not working, even though I am using the HDIM-arc port.

Have you enabled HDMI-CEC on the TV, as that should control the volume of the Sonos Arc via the TV over its HDMI cable link.. is the HDMI-ARC port set as the TV sound-out?

Have you gone through the ‘TV setup’ option in the Sonos Arc room settings in the Sonos App?

Yes. I am asked to point remote towards and press “+ volume” on remote. I have done this, but the remote is not found. 

Yes. I am asked to point remote towards and press “+ volume” on remote. I have done this, but the remote is not found. 

That’s the remote ‘infrared’ setup, which really you should not need if you’re using HDMI-CEC (although you can go through it if you want to, but I think most TCL remotes are Bluetooth) - Anyhow, in the same area of the Sonos App, there is the ‘TV Setup’ too, have you gone through that setup? Have you enabled CEC within your TV settings?

It works now. Thanks for your help.