Sonos Arc & KD65XF9005

• 5 December 2020
  • 2 replies

I own a Sony Bravia KD -65XF9005

I have just bought a Sonos Arc and a pair of Sonos One SL.

I mainly watch movies on Netflix with the subscription that provides 4K and Atmos on Selected movies.

When playing such movies, I do not get the Dolby Atmos information on the Sonos App.

On supposively Atmos movies when looking at the Sonos Arc details it show Dolby Digital Plus and sometimes PCM 2.0

Is there something that I have missed or is it a TV limitation, which mean I never be able to benefit from Atmos?

BTW, by “safety” I have installed a high speed HDMI cable

Thanks for your help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @jmrenard.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me see what I can do to help you.

Sonos Arc supports the playback of Dolby Atmos audio via Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby TrueHD. Sonos Arc must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. You can find more information on playing Atmos audio through Arc in our Dolby Atmos article.

Getting Dolby Atmos audio can also depend on the physical source device playing the content. In most cases, the TV will re-encode the audio to Dolby Digital 5.1. Please check with the manufacturer of your device to see if it supports Dolby Atmos.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Userlevel 7

I own a Sony Bravia KD -65XF9005

I have just bought a Sonos Arc and a pair of Sonos One SL.

I mainly watch movies on Netflix with the subscription that provides 4K and Atmos on Selected movies.

When playing such movies, I do not get the Dolby Atmos information on the Sonos App.

On supposively Atmos movies when looking at the Sonos Arc details it show Dolby Digital Plus and sometimes PCM 2.0

Is there something that I have missed or is it a TV limitation, which mean I never be able to benefit from Atmos?

BTW, by “safety” I have installed a high speed HDMI cable

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately your TV doesn’t have HDMI eARC and cannot passthrough Dolby Atmos audio. You’ll either have to buy a new TV or get the HD Fury Arcana that will allow you to get Atmos audio to play from your external media devices.