Skip to main content

Since Friday 6th a new update has been available for the Sonos Arc but it always fails with the error code 30 or 1000

I am located in Japan and other customers from Japan seem to experience the same thing for one week without any result.

Support is not helpful and I tried everything from other topics and support pages

https://en.community.sonos.com/topic/show?tid=6897049&fid=229129

https://support.sonos.com/article/error-30-when-updating-sonos#

I can not update my Sonos Arc, and so I can not link back by surround speakers.

Sonos support is terrible and it is a shame that simple thing as updating a device should be seamless. 

Hi @leoleoleo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had in trying to update your Sonos Arc.

We’d like to look into the situation for you. Could you please recreate the issue and submit a support diagnostic immediately after? Please let me know when you have done so, but don’t post the given number here in the community.

Thanks.

Hello, this describe exactly my problem. I’m having the same issue with my Arc and I’m located in Japan. I get a new Arc and Sub (Gen 3). The Arc isn’t able to get registered or get updated but when I try for the Sub everything went fine. The Sub register and get updated without problems. For the Arc I keep getting Error code - 30 or 1000

I contact support and make me do the same process I already did.

After talking to support, I went to the store and change it for another Arc but still having the same problem with this one too. I will need help with this.

I submitted the report and I hoped they would release a new version of the app this week that could fix the issue but nothing yet.

I could find many users in Japan complaining of the exact same issue on reddit or x.com and I don’t understand why it is not solved already.

@Gero I also use a TP-Link router (X75) but I don’t think this is related and other device are working fine.

Hello leoleoleo,

Yes, I don’t think this issue is related to the router because all my other Sonos devices are working fine. 

I found this post in the Community:

I am in Japan and had the same problem. After posting on reddit regarding my frustration, I was directed here and realised this is a common issue. So I pulled out my VPN router and connected to the US (so my entire WiFi is now on the US) and I was able to add and update the arc on the first try.

** I will try this later today, I’ll let you know if this works. **

@Gero  I could successfully run the update after setting up a VPN on my router and connect to the US. My surround speakers are now working back

@Corry P Sonos should fix this ASAP since the root cause is known 

Hi @leoleoleo & @Gero 

We have identified and issue and are investigating. Thanks for reporting. I have no estimate for when a fix will be implemented, but I will notify you here when it is.

I hope this helps.

Same issue with sub gen 3 and arc Japan.

error 1000

my router don’t allow vpn. Tp link archer 10

@FranFernandez This fix my problem. Configure a VPN on your router and connect everything back to the U.S. This will let you register and update your Sub Gen 3

@FranFernandez This fix my problem. Configure a VPN on your router and connect everything back to the U.S. This will let you register and update your Sub Gen 3

the vpn us for arc worked but sub still error 1000.

feels like the sub connect to the arc for update and the vpn fail. Tried Ethernet cable with no luck,

plan to go store and ask for them to update or new system 🤔, if still fails sadly I will have to ask for refund .

would be nice for Sonos to give us an option to roll back app version.

for those of us without VPN router options, not much luck.  Just have to wait it seems.

Hi @leoleoleo & @Gero 

We have identified and issue and are investigating. Thanks for reporting. I have no estimate for when a fix will be implemented, but I will notify you here when it is.

I hope this helps.

Hope so.  Took a week off this week and was looking forward to relaxing and streaming some movies, but due to this software mess up, it’s either doing it using TV speakers or hoping it gets fixed in a couple days.  First world problem I know, but for the thousands of $$ invested over the years, quite annoying that the speakers can’t even connect.

Did you all observe any progress on this issue?

Did you all observe any progress on this issue?

FYI:
I myself updated the firmware to v16.3 on Sunday and it seemed that this issue was gone.