Answered

Sonos Arc/Era 300 upward firing speakers not working

• 3 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 17 replies

I have Arc/ sub and 2 Era 300s as surrounds, I was trying dolby 7.1.4 speakers test file on xbox series x and nvidia shield all the speakers working except the front and rear upward firing speakers on Arc and Era 300s. I removed Era 300s as surrounds and paired them again with Arc that solves the issue. But again today I tried the same file and same issue no upward firing speaker working, tried the unpairing and pairing again makes them work. Does anyone else having this issue?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 3 April 2023, 15:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Bilal

It sounds like the Era 300s are having issues staying connected to the Arc. By unpairing and re-pairing, you’re re-establishing the connection, but I’m not sure what’s causing the upwards firing speakers to stop working.

Would you be able to submit a diagnostics the next time this issue occurs and reply here with the confirmation number?

You can also reach out to our support team to discuss and troubleshoot this issue with them.

I hope this helps!

Badge

Hi Jamie

I’m having the same issue again the upward firing speakers on Arc and Era 300s are not working. Diagnostic  # 469681792. Can you please look into this. 

I’m having the same issue where the upward firing speakers and rear firing speakers stop working. Have to disconnect my era 300s and reconnect them as surrounds in order for the those drivers to work again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Bilal & @david0984,

Sorry for the late reply, this thread slipped by me. I had a look into the diagnostics you sent and I also looked at the other diagnostics on your account.

From what I can see, the format in some of the diagnostics is in PCM, which would explain why you’re not hearing anything from the up-firing speakers. Some of the other diagnostics show Dolby Atmos, so either the TV isn’t passing the information correctly or the format of whatever is playing is being presented as PCM, however I expect the former to be the case over the latter if it’s the Dolby test file you’re using. 

Make sure your TV is set to the following settings, please note that they may be labelled differently on your TV so I would recommend checking your TV’s manual on how to change these:

• HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream
  • Digital Sound Output: Pass Through
  • eARC Support: On

I would also recommend trying a different HDMI cable and, if possible, testing with a different TV. If you follow the above steps and still have the issue with the up-firing speakers not playing anything, then I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for further troubleshooting and testing.

I hope this helps!

Badge +1

I am experiencing the same issue. Tried everything u said, tv is passthrough, even Xbox is changed to passthrough. Used the original Sonos cable and also other high quality cables, no difference. Repairing the speakers solved the issue. Seems like I can’t play true Dolby with my Sonos setup.. 

What did the Support Team tell you, when you called them?