Answered

Sonos Arc dropping ARC connection

• 2 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all. Probably not the first and not the last one asking, but as I haven’t able to find solution there is no harm to do it again, right? 🙂

So I’m stuck with constant issue of Sonos Arc + Phillips 65OLED754/12 not being able to stay connected over arc and enabling tv’s internal speakers whenever they please or so. Both tv and sonos are running their latest sw. At first thought that there is something to do with switching sources (also using Amazon fire-stick and UHD IP set-top box ARRIS VIP5305) and not able to pass audio to correct channel after that, but have noticed that when I switch tv off and on in the next morning from the same source, then sometimes it will pass the sound correctly to the arc and sometimes it will just play audio from TVs speakers. So no logic behind that...

Only thing that will reconnect the whole thing is to plug everything off from outlets and reconnect it back in 30s or minute later.. 

Any ideas ?..

(Cables are okay - checked and just got upgraded to sonos arc 🙂. Exactly the same issue was with older Phillips tv and sonos beam over regular hdmi connection)

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 4 January 2021, 01:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Leht001

Welcome to the Sonos Community. Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern.

To help you check why you’re having audio issues with your Sonos Arc, allow me to ask a few questions.

• When you go to Browse in the Sonos app and select TV, did you get the sound from the Sonos Arc?
  • Is the TV Autoplay enabled on the Sonos app?
  • Check if HDMI CEC enabled on your TV.
  • Adjust TV audio format and we recommend testing Stereo/PCM to see if the issue improves.
  • Use an optical cable to connect to your TV.
  • You may check out this community thread for your reference.

If you're still having the same issue, your TV may not be passing an audio signal correctly. We suggest reaching out to Phillips for further help.

Let us know if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Hi Rovena,

I appreciate for taking time to answer :) 

• When you go to Browse in the Sonos app and select TV, did you get the sound from the Sonos Arc?  - No, i dont:) Thats the whole issue. I have the connection only if i disconnect everything (Sonos arc and tv) from outlet and reconnect. Products will establish connection but will not be able to reconnect after i switch off the tv or sonos. Same happens if i switch from tv to spotify (from the sonos app) and try to connect back to tv afterwards (getting a connection issue error message from the app)
  • Is the TV Autoplay enabled on the Sonos app? Yes:) 
  • Check if HDMI CEC enabled on your TV. - It is:) 
  • Adjust TV audio format and we recommend testing Stereo/PCM to see if the issue improves. - Nop. Nothing
  • Use an optical cable to connect to your TV. - Not sure if i even have optical output on tv, but as optical doesnt support Atmos, then that is not what im looking for anyway :
  • As i understand from this thread it is a common problem? : 

Kind regards,

Lennart

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Leht001, thanks for your response and for updating us. Upon checking your Phillips TV specification, it has a digital optical output that you can use. Sonos Arc must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide additional information about this. I’d still recommend reaching out to your TV manufacturer for assistance. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, I'll be glad to assist you. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @Leht001 

i empathize with you and your issues with the Arc and Phillips TV. However the symptoms you are describing and the steps you have taken are typical of a CEC implementation issue within the Phillips software. 

There is one possible solution and that is to remove all HDMI and optical devices (except your primary source connected to a non-CEC HDMI port) and setup the Arc as the sole device. Doing so establishes the Arc as the primary CEC device connection. Afterwards connect your other devices. 

If the above doesn’t resolve your issue I’m afraid it’s up to Phillips TV to recognize the issue and push out an update. 

Hi @AjTrek1 !

Thank you for the hint:) Ill try to reinstall everything as instructed by you!