Answered

Sonos Arc cuts out playing Dolby Atmos content

Badge +1

I recently made this post and marked it as answered but it was by accident and I don’t know how to unmark it so forgive me.

I have an arc with a sub and 2 one sl, but over the past 2 weeks my arc will cut out when watching content in Dolby atmos. Sometimes it will cut out after watching for 5 minutes and other times it will take 30 mins to an hour to cut out. I have called and chatted with support several times to no avail. But if I reboot my arc the sound will come back again for 30 mins to an hour or sometimes if I just watch a non Dolby atmos show the sound will come back within a minute. I have an Apple TV 4K with a 55 lg cx but I have tried to watch something directly through the tv and the sound still cuts out. I also bought a new hdmi cable. I have also turned off a lot of devices to make sure the arc had plenty of bandwidth available and the sound will still cut out. 

icon

Best answer by mathenautical 31 May 2022, 14:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Maybe the same problem being discussed in this lengthy thread:

When it next happens, within 10 minutes, or so, of seeing the issue, submit a Sonos Diagnostic Report via the App and post it’s reference back here. Then contact Sonos Support Staff via the link below to see if they can assist to resolve the matter:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Userlevel 7

@mathenautical First, make sure your TV is set to these settings:

Sound Out: HDMI ARC

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

Auto Device Detection: On

Simplink (CEC): On

Auto Power Sync: Off

And then try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV including the Arc. Unplug the Arc, TV, and Apple TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in, but keep everything disconnected. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app under the Arc’s settings and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you to, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected to the TV, connect the Apple TV to the TV.

Badge +1

When it next happens, within 10 minutes, or so, of seeing the issue, submit a Sonos Diagnostic Report via the App and post it’s reference back here. Then contact Sonos Support Staff via the link below to see if they can assist to resolve the matter:

I appreciate the thought but I have done this multiple times already, but are you saying I can post the actual report here or do you mean just the reference number?

Badge +1

Maybe the same problem being discussed in this lengthy thread:

Not quite the same, my system works perfectly fine except for Dolby atmos content. 

I appreciate the thought but I have done this multiple times already, but are you saying I can post the actual report here or do you mean just the reference number?

I did mean the reference number, but that’s so the Staff see it when you contact them and they see the detail in this thread whilst checking the detail in the diagnostic. You say you have contacted them multiple times, did they escalate your case to a level 2 engineer, or higher? What was said to be causing the issue and how were they fixing things for you, albeit temporary?

Badge +1

So I’m pretty sure the culprit was actually internet capability, I disconnected several of my devices from my internet and watched an entire Dolby atmos film and had no issues, but tried again with the devices connected and the cutting out resumed. So I guess I have too many devices on my WiFi 😅