Skip to main content

Roku Ultra → LG HDMI1

LG eARC → Sonos ARC

Audio is lagging the video slightly.  Easy to correct if it were the opposite situation.  Given the limited IO jacks on the ARC, I don’t see how to correct.
-rich

Hi @rrinehar, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’d recommend following the suggestions from the ‘Audio is behind the video’ section of our TV audio and video are out of sync support article. I’ve also seen other users on the community recommend the following settings on LG TVs, so try changing them to the following:

• HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream
  • Digital Sound Output: Pass Through
  • eARC Support: On

If you still experience an audio delay after following the suggestions above, I would recommend trying a different playback source from the Roku Ultra if possible. If you notice delays on all sources, then contacting our support team would be the next step.

I hope this information helps!

Thanks for your thoughts!  But yes, I did try those settings.  I returned the Arc unit as it made no difference.  Once you notice the delay there is no turning back, forever ruined.

What could fix the challenge is more connectors I believe.  Arc needs to receive the audio at the same time, or before - then the audio delay settings within have relevance.  Or faster Arc processors.  I think it’s a problem across the board though.  Though, I have another component 7.1 setup on a TCL and it has no troubles.
-rich