Answered

sonos arc

• 12 June 2023
  • 6 replies

When sonos arc is hooked up to tv, will the tv remote volume work the sonos arc volume at the same time?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 June 2023, 22:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I’m not sure I understand your question, but this may help.

The Sonos Arc, when connected via ARC or eARC, will take the volume control passed to it by the TV set. So the TV’s remote will control the Arc’s ‘room’ in the Sonos software, but not other ‘rooms’.

Yes on understanding my question and glad to hear that response on tv and arc system working separately from when wanting the Sonos 1 speakers to work for audio only and not with the tv

No, then I didn’t understand properly. When set up as surround speakers, the Sonos Ones use a different connection method (child of the parent Arc) than when they’re set up as peers, with each having its own room. Sonos makes some allowance for that by allowing you to set the music process in the controller from ‘Ambient’ to ‘Full’, but that doesn’t mute the Arc, it just takes the surround speakers from ‘support’ to full stereo. In order to switch the Ones from surrounds to full peers, you would need to set them up again, and as a result, lose any TruePlay tuning you may have assigned them, each time you switch them from a ‘stereo’ setup to a surround setup. 

People have done that, in an attempt to save money on a second set of speakers, but it becomes somewhat onerous. Folks like me just put another pair of speakers flanking the Arc to act as music speakers. 

Wasn’t planning on using the Sonos 1 speakers part of the surround system.   The new Sonos Arc and sub woofer for tv only.   

Then the TV remote will not control the volume of the Sonos Ones (there are no 1s, only Play:1s and Sonos Ones). 

Use the Sonia 1 with my iPhone or IPad to

control