Answered

Sonos Arc??

• 23 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, RonW. from New Orleans. I’m considering a Sonos Arc and this is my dilemma: my tv is a 10 year old Sony Bravia XBR-65HX950 with HDMI, HDMI ARC and Optical cable. Also the tv does not support HDMI eARC or Dolby Atmos. I’m sure I’ll be upgrading a tv in the future. Will the Arc provide me satisfactory audio with the older tv.

Thanks in advance, RonW.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 23 April 2023, 20:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you can live without Atmos for the time being, then yes probably. I really enjoy my Beam (Gen 1) and the Arc is the more capable speaker

Userlevel 7

The Arc will be fine. Dolby Atmos is just now starting to mature. DD 5.1 is still the most prevalent from streaming services.

However you can still get Dolby Atmos if you purchase an Arcana by HDFury or similar device that fits in between the Arc and your non-HDMI eARC TV.  

I use one on a 2014 Sony between it and a Beam 2, Sub Mini and Era 100’s as surrounds. Click the link for more information. 

https://www.hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Thanks guys….

RonW.