Answered

sonos ARC

Hello, I’ve recently purchased an ARC and I’m curios what settings to use on my TV in regards to audio output format. 

On my Samsung TV, I have the ARC connected to the HDMI ARC output. In the settings I have two areas I can adjust.

1 is called “HDMI Audio format”. Two options are PCM OR Bitstream

2 is called “Audio format”, three options are PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS Neo 2:5..

I have the ARC paired with a Gen 3 sub. ARC is wall mounted

What are the best settings should I use?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 May 2021, 06:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Set to Bitstream and Dolby Digital.

What specific model Samsung TV do you have?

Set to Bitstream and Dolby Digital.

What specific model Samsung TV do you have?

Thank you. TV model is UN70KU6290FXZC EA01

Userlevel 7

I don’t know what your expectations are, but because your TV is a little bit older and not equipped with HDMI eARC, there is a very good possibility that it will not pass through Dolby Atmos audio from external media devices. You might be able to get Atmos audio from a couple of native apps like VUDU or Netflix but don’t be surprised if you can’t.

Hopefully it will work with Netflix and Disney plus. Is there anyway to know if Atmos is passing through?

Userlevel 7

If the Arc is receiving Atmos audio, it will display the Dolby Atmos logo on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app:

Perfect, I will look for that. 

thank you for your time!