Skip to main content
Question

Sonos app not connecting to ARC and SUB

• 17 June 2024
  • 3 replies

After being away from home for about one month and changing my phone in the meantime I came home and noticed my Sonos system was not working. I consider myself somewhat tech savvy so I thought - no problem, I will just re-add the system. Should take no more than 2min...WRONG!

I just spend 2 hours yesterday and better part of today’s afternoon troubleshooting what is the issue. I browsed the internet long and wide and tried all possible settings on my router only to give up and come to this forum...Then it hit me. Its the app.

It hasn’t even crossed my mind that the new app could possibly be the issue, but sadly it is. I am thoroughly disappointed by Sonos since I used to like it so very much. 

Hope this gets solved, otherwise Sonos system is useless junk in my home.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
  1. If at all possible, and if you haven't done so already, hardwire the Arc to your main router to see if that helps. Do not wire the Sub. It has to be the main speaker.
  2. Also try resetting the app if you haven't tried that. Then reconnect to your system.
  3. If you have done a factory reset of your system in efforts to get connected, reboot your router, phone and speakers and try again.

1. If at all possible, and if you haven't done so already, hardwire the Arc to your main router to see if that helps. Do not wire the Sub. It has to be the main speaker.
  2. Also try resetting the app if you haven't tried that. Then reconnect to your system.
  3. If you have done a factory reset of your system in efforts to get connected, reboot your router, phone and speakers and try again.

Tried all of that. None of it worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What precisely is happening or not happening, as it’s not currently clear. Maybe more detail might help the more learned forum users to assist?