Skip to main content
Answered

sonos amp with sonos arc

• 25 October 2023
  • 5 replies

i have an issue with adding sonos amp at sonos mobile app after adding sonos ar & one sl, i can’t do that at one application as the owner asked for setting all amp,arc & one sl together at same system, so any help to get off this issue ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

For surrounds, or grouped for music purposes?

If as surrounds, you can only have a single pair of speakers set up for that function, so that would be either a pair of Ones or the Amp, in your situation, but not both. 

@abdelall Zaki 

What exactly are you trying to use the Amp for…

1. To power 3rd party speakers as rear surrounds?
  2. To power Sonos or 3rd party speakers in in-wall, in-ceiling or outdoor applications?

For surrounds, or grouped for music purposes?

If as surrounds, you can only have a single pair of speakers set up for that function, so that would be either a pair of Ones or the Amp, in your situation, but not both. 

i have the arc & one sl at a room, and the amp should control standalone 2 wall mounted speakers at backyard, but also the customer wants to work all system together the inner and outer speakers if there was a party or something like that, so i am  not able to add amp to system from beggining, sonos shows me that arc & one sl are system and th amp is a system and i should choose of the systems, so what i could do for that ?

@abdelall Zaki

What exactly are you trying to use the Amp for…

1. To power 3rd party speakers as rear surrounds?
  2. To power Sonos or 3rd party speakers in in-wall, in-ceiling or outdoor applications?

yeah third party for outdoor wall speakers, but also want to work all together if there is party, so what i can do for that ?

It sounds like the systems were set up as two non-connected systems, which they shouldn’t have been, unless they are running two separate operating systems for Sonos (S1 and S2). 

You would need to factory reset one of the two systems, and the add those speakers back to the remaining system, using the ‘ add a device ‘ function in the controller, so everything is in one ‘house hold/system’ and you could then group them. 

Note that a factory reset will erase any stored data, from associated streamers, playlists, and TruePlay features, it’s a very invasive thing to do. It may affect which system you choose to erase so that you can add it back to the other.

Also, this is all moot if those systems are running S1 and S2….