Skip to main content

Hi - My tv and cable box are in separate rooms. I use an HDMI transmitter to send the cable box single to the TV.  For a while I have been using an audio extractor plus the Sonos optical to hdmi adapter to also send audio from the cable box to my Sonos Amp to play through outdoor speakers (in case I want to listen to the TV outdoors). Worked great. I then got a new TV and updated to the new Sonos app and something broke. 

When I try to setup tv in the Sonos app for the AMP with cable box on (sending audio) I get “checking connection” for a while and then this message: “No signal detected. Make sure digital optical adapter and HDMI  able are securely connected…”

It worked perfect before.  Only thing that has changed is a new TV and new Sonos App.  Anyone else encounter this problem and have a fix?  As audio is coming from cable box I assume type of tv makes no difference here so must be the new App

I tried connecting hdmi broadcast directly from cable box and using RCA input as well (RCA shows bars like audio is coming on Sonos app but no sound comes out of speakers).

Called Sonos and after waiting 80 minutes was told unless I can directly connect tv to Sonos Amp they cannot assist.