Answered

Should a Sub, that is connected to an Arc, be on WM: 2 or WM: 0?

• 15 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I was reading the support article that explains the wireless modes, and I noticed that a surround speaker or Sub should be in WM: 2. In my ‘About My System’ it shows my Sub in WM: 0. I have never seen it in WM: 2 regardless of what is playing (HDMI source vs streaming audio). The Arc also shows WM: 0. Neither Arc nor Sub are hardwired via ethernet, but I do have a Sonos One in the next room that is.

Does this indicate that there is an issue or is this normal?  I do not currently have surrounds, so it is just the Arc + Sub.

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 15 November 2022, 20:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Your fine.  

You are in a wired setup, because you have at least one speaker  (Sonos One) wired to your router in your system.  So your Sonos One and Arc are WM:0.   Your sub is bonded to the Arc without wires, but techinially, your system is wired...so it would not be labeled as WM:2.

Most importantly, if you hear audio from your sub when you should, then you’re setup correctly.

As @melvimbe says, you are running SonosNet, so all your speakers are conneting via the wired speaker .

If you look in your router, it will probably show all your Sonos speakers as wired.

Badge

That makes sense. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me!