Answered

Setup Issue.

• 17 October 2020
  • 8 replies

I setup 2 x Sonos Fives, 1 x Arc and 1 x Sub for the first time on a new WiFi network.

I’m using the Sonos 2 app on an apple iPhone X with iOS 13.7. 

I couldn’t get the app to find any of the products until I plugged in one of the fives to the Internet access router. With one five connected by cable I was able to set everything up. But as the five was in a different room to the other devices and I want them all in the one room I unplugged and moved the five. 

I now can’t find any of the devices. I’ve rebooted the router. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Zero. I keep getting an unending “searching for nearby products”. 

I’m using Virgin Media’s latest high speed offering. 

Any ideas welcome! 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 17 October 2020, 19:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When one device is connected by cable your system works via Sonosnet. When you unplug the cable Sonosnet is broken, so your speakers should connect via wifi. Have you told the system your wifi credentials?

Not yet. The app knows them but how do I tell the fives etc? Sorry!

Sorted now thanks. Had to bring back one device to the router and connect again by Ethernet. Now it remembers. Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Glad you’re sorted. You might want to change your username if that’s your email, just to avoid any unwanted communications. 

Thanks will do!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi bourke,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand your situation and I’m glad that @nik9669a was able to help out. 

I’m glad that everything is now working and thanks for sharing what was done to get things working again. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your music and Sonos. I would also like to ask if you can send me a private message of your desired screen name here in the Sonos Community so I can help out with that.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks. Quick question. How do I change my user name for this forum? I can change almost everything but that easily - and I put one of email addresses byaccident. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi bourke,

Thanks for the detailed and immediate response.

You can just shoot me a private message of your desired screen name here in the Sonos community and I can take care of it for you. This is to protect your personal information (Email address) from being displayed as your screen name.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,