Skip to main content
Question

Set up issues - Sonos Ray and Virgin Media Hub 3.0

• 9 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi Sonos Community,

I recently purchased a Sonos Ray and I'm having trouble connecting it to my existing home WiFi network. I'm using a Virgin Media Hub 3.0 as my router and modem.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. I performed a factory reset on the Sonos Ray and went through the setup process.
  2. The setup process seems to go smoothly until it reaches the page where it tries to get an update. At this point, it fails.
  3. The setup then proceeds to say, "Your system is set up," but the Sonos Ray never shows up on the Sonos app.
  4. I've tried various troubleshooting steps, such as the ones mentioned in this Virgin Media Community post: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Sonos-not-connecting-to-hub-3/m-p/5414607#M562535
  5. I've turned things off and on, and I've also tried using an Ethernet connection, but none of these steps have resolved the issue.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on how to get my Sonos Ray connected to my WiFi network and showing up in the Sonos app.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Moderator edit: combined posts

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I have exactly the same issues with my Ray (bought yesterday) and trying to set uo to my Vodafone Ultra Hub. I believe it could be something to do with Sonos needing to connect to 2.4ghz frequency but Router not sending out that signal - only 5ghz which is incompatible. No idea how to resolve! Frustrated, thought it should have been a doddle to set up - the latest tech soundbar and very recent fibre premium broadband service I’m paying for. Why are these things often not straightforward in this day and age?!