Answered

Samsung TV audio

• 3 July 2023
  • 2 replies

I use Sonos Beam as soundbar for samsung smart TV. I also listen to music services via wifi. All (wifi) channels work fine, but TV audio has stopped functioning even though the TV icon shows up on my phone app just as it always has. All attempts to reconnect with TV have failed. Again, only wifi works. Direct hdmi connection between TV and Beam does not. Message says “hdmi arc not connected.” Ideas or suggestions appreciated. Just know I am not a sophisticated technician when you reply. Thanks.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 3 July 2023, 23:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Unplug the Samsung for 5 minutes to force it to fully power off.  Then plug back in.  Samsungs are notorious for losing the HDMI handshake.  Rebooting forces it to reconnect.

Kudos to “jgatie.” Your suggestion worked perfectly! TV sound is back on through Sonos without having to go through resetting app. After giving it some thought, I remembered the TV lost power briefly during heavy storms the night before the problem started. I'm guessing that may have precipitatedcause of the issue. Thanks, again!