Samsung Q60T, Arc intermittently drops sound

• 5 November 2022
  • 3 replies

So I just got my Arc it is a refurbished unit connected to my Q60T, I am using Audioquest blueberry cables and every so often (typically on Atmos content) the sound will cut out for like 5 seconds and come back. 

I have reset the tv, unplugged and replugged both the TV and Soundbar and swapped my cables. I have also tested eARC auto and off, digital audio and pass through. 

seems the dropout is better with eARC off the dropout only happens for a second, but is still noticeable. Anything that can be done to use this Soundbar at its full potential?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Since I’ve no idea what Audioquest blueberry cables are, or what capacity they can carry, there’s not much I can comment on there, other than they need to be at least HDMI 1.4 capable, and less than 25 feet long, generally speaking. HDMI 2.1 or higher, and high speed is better, but probably not required, especially at shorter lengths. But since you say you’ve swapped the cables to something else, that may be a moot point.

Have you updated the firmware on the Q60T? It’s not clear to me what “reset the TV” means in this context, although I get the “unplugged and replugged” part….hopefully you waited 5 minutes between those two events, to allow the TV’s circuits to fully power down, so it reset the OS properly. 

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it? What did they say about the cutout? Is it the TV stopping sending data to the Arc, or is it the Sonos failing to process the signal it’s sent?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Do a search here on ‘Samsung and Arc’. You’ll find endless post on this issue. I believe it’s more of a Samsung problem. 

@Mkes99,
If there is anything else connected to the Samsung TV HDMI inputs, then check each of those device settings for ‘CEC control’ and see if switching ‘off’ CEC on those devices might stop the audio dropouts.

My thoughts are the CEC control on at least one of those connected devices might be intermittently trying to steal the CEC focus away from the Arc.