Answered

Samsung Frame + Beam Gen 2 Audio Cutting Out

• 4 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Seems like this topic has been covered in various forms but still haven’t found a solution. Have a Sonos Beam 2 connected to the Samsung Frame box via HDMI3 (eArc). When watching any content on the TV the audio drops every few seconds.

The strange thing is if I set HDMI eArc from “Auto” to “Off” in the Samsung settings the problem resolves. But then the next time I turn the TV back on it’s not connected to the Beam so this doesn’t really solve my issue.

Anyone figure this out definitively?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 4 January 2024, 13:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @fourbin, welcome to the Sonos Community!

It seems like the TV is having issues passing information and staying connected to the Sonos Beam. I’d first try to update the Samsung Frame firmware and try a different HDMI cable.

You’ll also want to make sure Anynet+ is enabled on the Samsung Frame and I’d recommend keeping the HDMI eARC setting on Auto.

If the above doesn’t resolve the issue for you, then please submit a diagnostics after you experience the audio drop outs and reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting, providing them with the diagnostics reference number.

I hope this helps!